Annie’s Dignity Challenge
The Dignity Challenge is a clear statement of what people can expect from a service that respects dignity. It is backed up by a series of ‘dignity test’ that we and our service users, their friends and relatives can use to see how our services are performing.
The Dignity Challenge
High quality care services that respect people’s dignity should:
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family.
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service.
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants.
- Respect people’s right to privacy.
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution.
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners.
- Assist people to maintain confidence and a positive self-esteem.
- Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation.
Annie’s aims to meet or exceed these care standards
Annie’s Healthcare Services CIC –inside out caring